JUMBO / Jumbo combiline
You can depend on self loading wagons
With the "Battle of the Systems" Pottinger moved into contention for the optimum method for producing quality silage. Now the self loading wagon is actually getting in position to overtake. Cost advantages and increased productivity have made the self loading wagon into the silage system of the future.
Superior functionality and quality - Optimal cost-effectiveness
Extra-strength, bolted construction and heavy-duty scraper floor for outstanding strength and operational safety. Superior chassis technology protects the soil and the machine.
JUMBO combiline - Hydraulically adjustable three-position font flap.
High level of productivity.
Cost benefits enhanced by increased machine-operating efficiency.
Performance - Comfort - Economy
Lower power requirement and therefore a lower diesel consumption for harvesting, for example, 500 HP instead of 800 HP; 1 gallon of diesel per acre / 10 liters of diesel per hectare instead of 1.7 gallons / 16 litres.
Lower financial investment requires, less manpower and simplified management of labor.
Drive-element protection with 2500 Nm
With the JUMBO self-loading wagon, Pottinger has achieved a new dimension in power and transport capacity. Powerful one-man unit designed for tractors up to 331 kW / 450 HP.
High performance pick-up with 2.0-m / 78.7" (1.90-m DIN) and 8 rows of tines
The pick-up performance of this generation of silage wagon is matched to the swatch size and high swath density of large rakes.
Tried and rested high-performance loading rotor for use with grass silage
Field-proved for years, the advanced geometry of the rotor tines ensure smooth crop handling and perfect transfer into the loading chamber.
Swing-out chopping unit with new individual knife protection and "autocut"
1.34" / 34-mm theoretical chop length. Silage with a good structure is more productive, no major damage can be caused by foreign bodies in the swath.
Easy-to use control panel with ISOBUS-compatible as standard
ISOBUS standardizes machine and equipment settings for different operations.
JUMBO combiline - Multifunctional self-loading wagon and harvest trailer
Optimum flexibility for different cropping areas, distances between fields and arm, and for mixed silage. The Pottinger self-loading wagon proves cost effective undermost working conditions.
Attention to detail in design and manufacture and highest paint quality
Operational safety and long-term quality will help you to become a reliable and const-conscious partner.
Construction - Body - Hitch Fittings
- Frame construction of 300x100x50x6 - QSTE fine-grain steel.
- The straight side columns are bolted to the frame, not welded.
- Fine-thread high tensile bolts for frame and side posts.
- Sturdy platform channel profiles and close spacing provide optimum strength.
- The internal width of the construction is 7.55' / 2.30-m.
- Easy access to the interior of the wagon is provided by means of an access ladder.
- Floodlights attached to the front panel provide adequate lighting of the loading chamber. (LED floodlights as an option)
- Opening angle of the one piece tailgate can be adjusted.
High or low drawbar with 2.2sh t. 3.3 sh t, 4.4 sh t, / 2.0 t, 3.0 t or 4.0 t supported load depending on model and version
- The drawbar is fitted with two double-acting cylinders and a drawbar damper.
- A folding parking leg avoids time-consuming cranking when hitching or unhitching the self loading wagon without fouling on the collection of swath.
Forced steered axles available - standard on Tridem axle version
- K50 ball coupling, closed system hydraulic steering, fall safe.
- Follows tractor tracks on inclines and in the clamp.
- Turning able up to 60 degrees depnding on tractor and tires thanks to narrow design of drawbar, with trailing or forced steering axles.
- Mudguards as standard
Practical hose holders
- All hoses and cables are routed tidily in a loom to the tractor.
- When parked, they can be stowed neatly in the holders provided.
Driveline and power transmission
Unique power train
- Driven by a two-way wide-angle pto shaft, 60-hour lubrication interval.
- The cam clutch coupling protects the drive train.
- The torque protection is an impressive 2500 Nm, which corresponds to a peak performance of almost 450 HP (331 kW).
- That adds up to a performance increase of 20% compared to previous models.
Heavy duty transmission
- Power is transmitted from the input gearbox to the loading rotor and onto the pick-up
- The rotor is driven by a large bevel gear submerged in oil that is completely maintenance free. The drive system features a floating axle with precisely machined gears.
- On the ISOBUS version a load cell on the rotor gearbox enables the drive torque to be matched precisely to the quantity of crop - the ultimate in crop protection without leaving the cab.
High capacity Pick-up
The Pottinger pick-up guarantees maximum performance, even in difficult harvesting conditions such as in damp and short grass.
- The 2.0-m wide, controlled 8-row pick-up delivers an increase in performance of up to 20%.
- The collection area from the pick-up tines to the rotor has been optimised and adapted to the rotor capacity.
- Maintenance-friendly - cam track only needs to be lubricated once a year; the main bearing on the cam arm every 80 loads - lubrication points are externally mounted.
- Clean forage thanks to tempered transfer plates that help separate the soil from the forage, This protects the chipping unit.
Only a clean crop can guarantee trouble-free fermentation for high quality silage.
- The pick-up is controlled from both ends by a cam track made of steel with a solid center. The sealed twin-groove roller bearings on the cam rollers are designed to withstand high stress.
- The pick-up are swept back to prevent damage to the sward, the throwing up of soil, and unnecessary wear on the tines.
Perfect ground hugging - a height-adjustable 16 x 6.5-8 trailed jockey wheels
- The wheels sweep the ground on the same line as the tines, and guide the pick-up perfectly through each hollow. These wheels are free to castor, allowing easy cornering.
- A height-adjustable windguard with a large diameter swath roller ensures perfect forage flow even when loading is fast and the crop is short and wet.
Pendular hinged pick-up
- Two hinged support links give the pick-up full mobility.
- In addition to this, spring suspension ensures low, soil-protecting ground pressure - hydraulic suspension is available as an option.
- Automatic cut-off of pick-up drive when raised on all JUMBO self loading wagons.
The silage-loading rotor
Perfect transfer of the crop from the pick-up and maximum loading performance even in difficult harvesting conditions (wet and short forage). Rotor tines feature proven advanced geometry that has been field tested over many years.
- Smooth, energy-saving penetration into crop.
- Continuous transfer of the crop from the pick-up and highest loading performance thanks to the wide surfaces on the ends of the tines.
- The optimum gap between the knives and tines ensures smooth operation and protects the knives from foreign objects.
The loading rotor
- The loading rotor is mounted on self-aligning ball bearings at both ends. The drive end stub shaft is 100-mm thick and the bearing is located between the rotor and gearbox to minimize stress on the bearings.
- The conveyor tines are made of hardened fine-grain Hardox 500 and are 12-mm thick.
Maintenance made easy
- The tine rings are clipped into the inner drum.
- Each ring can be replaced individually.
Scrapers with 0.71" / 18-mm wide backbone
- The scrapers are positioned and bolted into place individually. The scrapers are an ideal shape which reduces energy wastage.
- The best possible compression in the loading chamber is achieved thanks to the large scraper surface area and optimised rotor tine geometry. As a result, the Pottinger JUMBO delivers the highest loading performance and load density per cu ft, even with damp crops.
Unique chopping unit
New "autocut": sharpens blades directly on the self loading wagon
- The "autocut" blade sharpener allows for convenient blade sharpening directly on the self loading wagon. The sharpening cycle can easily be pre-selected in accordance with the wear on the knife using the control pad.
- This considerably reduces maintenance expanses and simultaneously guarantees long lasting optimal cutting quality with lower energy consumption and increased output.
Access a video of autocut here.
Removing the blades for sharpening. which formerly took place only once a day, thereby impairing the cutting quality, has now come to an end.
- Intensive use of over 10 to 20 hours per day inevitably reduces the sharpness of the blades.
- This increases power demands and fuel consumption up to 15%, in stony areas up to 20%.
- With the new blade sharpening system the sharpness is maintained throughout the entire day - it is simple and fully automatic.
- This equals up to 15% more output and also up to 15% less diesel fuel consumption thanks to "autocut"
Easy move - The original
Pottinger lead the Industry by Introducing the Easy Move pivoting knife bank back in 1999. This unique pivoting knife bank makes knife changes effortless.
You can't get simpler than this
- The chopping unit is lowered hydraulically either from the tractor seat or by pressing the button on the left-hand side of the wagon.
- The whole knife bank can be swung out sideways in the traditional Pottinger fashion.
- The knives can be automatically released via the central knife release and removed without the need for any tools.
- The pressure springs and rocker arm for securing individual knives are located in the protected area. This considerably reduces the amount of soil which accumulates in the knife mountings.
- A cleaning scraper, which automatically cleans spaces between the knives every time the knife bank is lowered, is also available on request.
High capacity performance requires equally high triggering pressure. The knives are held individually in the correct position to make sure that a consistent chip length is produced.
- Smaller pieces fall through baffle plates between the pick-up and the rotor.
- Larger foreign bodies are pushed by the rotor onto the knife and move it briefly in the direction of rotation.
- The trigger roller is lifted out of its holder at the back of the knife. The knife releases the foreign body. The resistance is minimal, which protects the knife.
- After the foreign body has passed the chipping unit, the knife springs back to its original position.
The most important benefits is that stones in the forage are not pulverized into splinters like they are by harvesters. The result is that there is no risk of injury to the digestive tract of livestock.
The original with high quality
- The knife shape provides a continuous sliding cut. The forage is always cut cleanly and not torn apart due to its pull-back chopping action.
- The knives are made of hardened tool-steel and the serration on one side ensures a precise cut even if the knife edge is dulled.
- The new knives with extra-strong backs and wide wave cut ensure a prolonged service life.
Automatic loading system
The constant force progression whilst loading, without torque peaks, is a feature of the JUMBO self loading wagons. There are two integrated sensors for monitoring the status of loading. They check on the loading status and automatically control the scraper floor movement accordingly. This protects the self loading wagon and the forage.
Unique sensor on the front panel
- This measures the loading pressure of damp, heavy grass on the front panel and operates the scraper floor. This prevents the forage from being mashed due to excessive load on the loading rotor.
Sensor on roof panel
- This sensor measure the load status of the self loading wagon so that the driver does not have to do so. This significantly improves the filling efficiency of the loading chamber.
The scraper floor disengages when the self loading wagon is full
- The limit switch and "wagon full" signal are controlled by the tailgate or beaters.
- The scraper floor can also be manually controlled.
Load sensing as standard to save power
- Pottinger silage self loading wagons are fitted with load-sensing equipment. The required amount of oil is measured constantly and adapted to requirements. No oil heating, and power saving of up to 20 hp / 15 kW - high efficiency.
Reliability for long service
- The tempered slats are separated and offset.
- The scraper-floor shafts can be lubricated from the side of the wagon.
Unloading speed of up to 78.7' / 24 meters per minute
- The drive-train torque can be adapted to the crop using a load sensor on the rotor gearbox.
- Perfect forage protection operated directly from the tractor seat.
JUMBO combiline - multifuctional
Hydraulically operated 3-position front flap enables conversion to be performed in a matter of seconds from the tractor seat
- Self-loading wagon mode: The wide forage-compacting panel controls the automatic loading unit.
- Forage-harvester mode: Front panel folded forwards - ideal for "opening out" and good view into the lading are.
- Front panel folded up, forage-compacting panel van be lowered inside to make full use of the loading area.
- Full steel construction continues to the top with robust side members. The heavy duty construction is designed for the heaviest loads.
- Profiled panels with a special coating ensure a long service life.
- No roof panels or ropes due to the protruding forage - compacting panel.
- Unique, large-scale forage-compaction panel - ensures excellent crop compaction, to make optimal use of the loading area.
Folding loading channel cover available
- The folding channel cover prevents the harvested crop from falling into the loading channel during use as a harvest trailer.
- On Pottiner wagons the channel cover is easily folded and does no have to be removed.
A press of a key on the terminal is all that is needed on L and D models.
The wide opening enables quick unloading.
- The tailgate angle can be adjusted on all JUMBO models - from the driver's seat. Prevents crosswind problems during unloading.
- The beater drive protection of 1500 Nm increases the unloading performance on D models by up to 20%.
- The beater rotors can be removed if required.
D-type wagon - new beater rotors
The new beater rotors guarantee rapid unloading and uniforms distribution.
- The new rotor geometry with aggressive tines delivers higher performance with highly-compressed forage.
- Bars on the rotors ensure maize material can be unloaded effectively.
- A pressure sensor in the beater rotor bearings switches the scraper floor on and off automatically during unloading. The driver no longer has to do this.
- A third beater is available if required for even better distribution in the clamp.
All JUMBO self-loading wagons are fitted with the controller terminal Power Control, All functions can be controlled directly from the controller. Error messages are also displayed. There is also integrated data-logging.
- Automatic functions for pure ease of use
- Ergonomic layout of control keys
- Back-lit keys are standard
The computer also contains ISOBUS software
You can use the ISOBUS software to execute other functions such as speed-dependent control of the trailing steering axle, torque sensing controlled loading, and unloading functions. Integrated diagnostic functions and error reports allow problems to solved quickly.
CCI 100 - 100% ISOBUS
Top class operating comfort, a terminal that does everything.
In addition to the features offered by the Power Control terminal, this also enables the control of all ISOBUS machines, regardless of manufacturer.
- High quality 8.4SDSq TFT color display
- Backlit touch keys
- Touch screen
- 12 softkeys
- USB interface
- Camera connection M 12x1
- Torque gauge for controlling the automatic loading systems. Quick and precise tuning for different forage properties operated from the tractor seat.
- Locking of the steering axle dependent on speed and when reversing.
Ride comfort - up to 34 sh t / 31 t total weight
The pneumatic brake system with ALB controls ensures safe braking at high speed and with heavy loads. AVS available as an option.
Hydraulic brakes can also be supplied for markets that require this option.
Increasing load volumes and high transport speeds necessitate robust and soil-protecting chassis. Pottinger has made great efforts in this area, responding with high quality steering tandem or tridem axles and tires with large footprints.
Parabolic spring chassis for up to 24 sh t / 22 t permissible laden weight
Parabolic suspension with large spring-to-axle spacing and compensator for height regulation. Ideal suspension properties at the clamp, smooth running in fields and on the road. Robust control arms apply the brakes and control steering force and angle.
Trailed steering axles are standard, forced steered axle and ABS also available.
Parabolic spring chassis with stabilizer strut for up to 24 sh t / 22 t permissible laden weight
Parabolic suspension with large spring-to-axle spacing and compensator for height regulation, ideal suspension properties at the clamp, smooth running in fields and on the road. Robust control arms apply the brakes and control steering force and angle.
An advantage of parabolic suspension with additional cross stabilizer and large spring-to=axle spacing is increased stability on slopes.
Trailed steering axles are standard, forced steering axle and ABS also available.
Chassis with hydrpneumatic suspension up to max. 26.5 sh t / 24 t laden weight with truck-style steering axles
(410 x 180-mm brake pads)
Ideal suspension properties at the clamp, smooth running in fields and on the road. Robust control arms apply the brakes and control steering force and angle. Trailed steering axles are standard, forced steered axle and ABS also available.
- Wide spring-to-spring spacing - 47.24" / 1200-mm - for increased stability on inclines.
- Maximum ride comfort on and off road. Excellent stability on slopes despite high center of gravity due to high lateral torsion.
- Maximum ride comfort on and off road. Excellent stability on slopes despite high center of gravity due to high lateral torsion.
- Large axle clearance up to 10.63' / 270-mm for demanding tracks and poor road conditions.
- Optimum breaking performance thanks to equal axle load distribution.
8-wheel chassis - perfect soil protection up to 21 sh t / 22 t total weight
On this unique chassis, the wheels sit in pairs on the self-aligning axles. The rear axle pairs are equipped with trailed steering, thereby protecting both the wheels and the turf. A hydraulic leveling system with patented pendulum swing action ensures optimum ground pressure distribution. This improves stability on slopes. The hydraulic suspension optimizes driving comfort, and pneumatic or hydraulic braking systems ensure a high braking performance even at speed.
Due to the lower platform height in comparison with 26.5" tires, the discharge end of the rotor is only 3.54" / 90-mm below the scraper floor. This conserves power and increases the flow rate.
Soil protection with three axles
Tridem chassis with hydropneumatic suspension and forced steered axles, up to 34 sh t / 31 t laden weight.
The Pottinger tridem chassis distributes high loads across a large area so that the pressure on the ground remains low.
- Follows tractor tracks on slopes and in the clamp.
- The axle compensation is a special feature.
- They hydropnemuatic suspension enables an axle pendulum swing at 10.63" / 270-mm.
- This allows the axle load to be distributed evenly. The self loading wagon benefits from reduced side forces and runs efficiently - front and rear axles steering.
This allows that this saves fuel. The axle compensation ensures even wear of brakes on all axles.
Click here for the official brochure.